I think i didn't take my metoprolol 25mg pill. is it best to wait for my next scheduled dose or can i take a pill even if i may have already taken one and it be safe? i don't want to accidentally take to much. safe if i double dose accidentally?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Which metoprolol ? There is succinate and tartrate ? The Succinate is a 24 hours pill but is it really 18-24 hrs pill. That one has more flexibility. Why do you take it? What other health conditions do you have. This is not easy to answer without more details

Answered 6/22/2021

0 views

If the indication is hypertension without any abnormality of your heart rhythm you should be able to take an extra dose. If your heart rate is lower than 65 to 70 beats per minute, or if your pressure is lower than usual, I would not take the extra dose. The wisest course is to check with your physician who knows you. Good luck.

Answered 6/22/2021

0 views