Finland

My liver function test is all normal except for my direct bilirubin its elevated. what could be the reason?

Dr. Maria Rueda
Dermatology 28 years experience
High Direct bili is caused by problems in the liver or it’s ducts, pancreas duct,gallbladder and the ducts.You are likely having symptoms for you were ordered a battery of hepatic tests, but we don’t know them.Yellow skin(jaundice)appears above 2-3mg/dl.If your skin and whites of the eyes are not yellow, but this is the single test that is abnormal,it’s a lab error.Your own Doc will have to tell u
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
How elevated? All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, it would have helped had you provided the actual result. Wish you good health!
Last updated May 30, 2021