I spend atleast 15 hours in bed. not all sleeping but i sleep for a good portion of those hours. could i be at risk for a blood clot? i do move my legs around quite often. i got my ddimer tested on tuesday and it was clear, could it develop that fast?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

Why did you spend 15 hours in bed. If you are otherwise healthy, you are not at risk of blood clots. You may be depressed. Start exercising. Begin with low intensity exercise such as walking and gradually increase the intensity so that you sweat profusely. It may take a few months for the full effect. Wish you good health!

Answered 5/30/2021

0 views

Dr. Bennett Machanic answered

Specializes in Neurology

Lengthy sleep in an otherwise healthy 30 yo would not be considered a risk for thrombophlebitis in the legs. But if you note calf pain, foot swelling, feel a hard blood vessel, note warmth, have pain on walking especially on elevating your foot at ankle, these are warning signs of potential trouble.

Answered 5/30/2021

0 views