WA

I was prescribed ketoconazol for my seborrheic dermatitis, and my doctor said to use it sparingly as needed. i used it off and on for a pretty long time when my dermatitis flared up. would this have affected my health in any negative way?

Pathology 49 years experience
Visit this site for information on this topic and discuss the matter with the doctor who prescribed the medication: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a605014.html Wish you good health!
Dr. Maria Rueda
Dermatology 27 years experience
It’s well known by old studies , ej.(J C Levron et al. Therapie. Jan-Feb 1991.) that topical ketoconazole has minimal absorption. It should not have caused you any systemic symptoms ( unlike the oral Ketoconazole which causes many undesirable side effects.) If you are still in doubt, talk to the Doctor that prescribed the medication all that time, he may find a better explanation for your symptoms

Last updated May 19, 2021