LA
A 22-year-old female asked about a male:

My son has had a bad cough for about 3 days now. it was after he started teething bad. he also has stuffy nose and watery eyes but no fever or other symptoms. i am unsure if i should take him to doctor immediately or if it's safe to wait it out?

You get the most from this site when you provide enough detail for a reasoned answer to be formulated. You do not include the kids age, ability to breathe without difficulty, feed or play which are important factors in assessing the severity of any illness. You are welcome to start over. The answer will differ depending on these factors. If you are spooked enough just go be seen.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 37 years experience
The cough is concerning and I would recommend that he have an evaluation with his Pediatrician. Post nasal drip is one cause and keeping the nasal passages clear may be helpful. Infant nasal saline drops and gentle suction may be used. His teething is unlikely to be related to his cough.

Last updated May 9, 2021