NJ

Good evening doctors. my friend had a very serious bout of covid early on, which lasted about 3 weeks. as a result, he is very afraid of getting the vaccine. would you be able to offer any safe medical suggestions/advice to convince him to get jabbed?

The vaccines in use are not replicating the viral infection. They use a synthetic (never alive) material to trigger antibodies against the spike protein that covers the outside of the virus. The spike protein is what allows the virus to attach to cells before invading them. Antibodies to the spike render the virus incapable of entering cells. If you wait 90 days after covid before use you are safe
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 55 years experience
I HAD COVED AND WAS IN HOSPITAL UNDER OXYGEN 24/7 FOR A WEEK. TOOK THREE MONTHS TO RECOVER AND NOW A YEAR LATER JUST GOT THE J&J VACCINE. YOUR FRIEND BUILT UP ANTIBODIES LIKE I DID BUT YOU CAN STILL GET COVID AGAIN BUT NOT AS SEVERE. GET THE VACCINE TO INSURE MORE ANTIBODIES AND LESS OF A WORRY AND BE ABLE TO SOCIALIZE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND GO OUT AND ENJOY AND HAVE PROOF OF VACCINATION.
Last updated May 11, 2021