Indian Orchard, MA

I've been having sharp pain on the outside of my ankle bone hurts to walk?

Dr. Albert D'Angelantonio
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 34 years experience
When!: Depends on when you're having your symptoms. When walking it can be to due previous ankle sprains ankle instability and neuritis. If it is not whenwalking and happens when you're just sitting and are lying in bed it could be related to your back. You need to get checked out.
Dr. Neil Horsley
Podiatry 37 years experience
Ankle bone pain: There is a condition known as posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (pttd). This is a slow and progressive deformity of the foot where the foot excessively pronates and changes the person's ability to walk in good alignment. The combined alignment and pronation problems irritates the soft tissues on the outside of the ankle and sometimes the bone. Have your podiatrist evaluate you for a diagnosis.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I would see a foot: Ankle specialist to have them take a look. You may have peroneal tendonopathy, as these tendons course immediately in back of and around the underside of the ankle bone.

Last updated Feb 28, 2021