So i got a stye on my left eye (very swollen and with a lot of pain) but then my right eye is red and kinda swollen too but with no pain. does that mean i have it on both of my eyes?

Dr. Joseph Barakeh
Ophthalmology 24 years experience
You probably have blepharitis, an eyelid condition which can cause chronic eyelid irritation and redness with occasional flare-ups and styes. The condition is usually controlled (but not cured) by daily hot compresses to the eyelids, with additional artificial tear eyedrops. When styes appear, you may need to go see an ophthalmologist to try to reduce it or at least prescribe antibiotics.

Last updated Apr 30, 2021