Puerto Rico

2 days to finish my 3rd round of amoxicillin prescribed by dentist, and now i have diarrhea and stomach discomfort, should i stop? i can't take most of the antibiotics because it makes even worse for my stomach, so the possibility to change is diffic?

Dr. Arnold Lentnek
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Don’t really understand why you would need 3 rounds of antibiotic. Regardless, amoxicillin commonly causes stomach upset and occasional diarrhea. More importantly, may cause a more serious condition called C. Difficile enterocolitis (inflammation of the large bowel caused by antibiotic). See Infectious Diseases or Gastroenterology doctor.