NY

I had a cbc, and had high mpv of 11.5. is it possible that i have leukemia? i do have several petechiae dots over my body, but not in a rash. also have intermittent ankle/shin pain. doctors say it's stress cause i have anxiety. other cbc stuff normal?

MPV is a measure of platelet size & some people have larger ones or the newer ones (stress related)are sometimes larger. Platelets are one of the shorter living cells, lasting only hours to days and normal overall platelet counts are good evidence leukemia has not invaded the blood production areas.
Pathology 49 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your MPV value is not a cause for concern. Wish you good health!

Last updated Apr 30, 2021