FL

calf pain for a couple of weeks now. seems to come and go. (no swelling/red) went to er for ultrasound and it came back clear. followed up with gp and still having pain. seems to be a tenderness in one spot on back of leg. did ultrasound miss dvt?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Not likely but US exams are very operator sensitive. That means differs examiners may see or miss things another does not. Unless you are on birth control pills or have had prior problems the pretest probability of having a DVT is low. Discuss again with your Drs.