ZA

i got my period on the 4/03 up until the 8/03. then this started i first thought it was spotting but it has now lasted 6 days as it started on the 19/03. it's brown discharge/blood on my pantyliner as well as i wipe and im bloated. is it normal?

Pathology 49 years experience
Menstrual irregularities are not uncommon and anovulatory cycle is a common cause. If you miss more than two periods it would be time to see your doctor. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time. You may consider implanted contraceptive or an IUD. Consult this site. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/menstruation/conditioninfo/Pages/causes.aspx