I m 19 year old boy and my height is 5'5. will my height increase at least 1 inch or 2, and what can i do to increase my height?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Height in Males is dependent on genetics and the hormones in puberty. If your parents are not tall you will probably not be either. Once puberty is over (age 19-20) height growth stops. This is probably the case for you at this point. You can add a few cm by using shoes with a heel, or regularly standing up tall (not slouching).

Answered Mar 24, 2021

0 views

Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Increasing height requires that the growth centers in your bones be open. An x-ray of your wrist/hand can identify these. If they are closed you are done. They close in most males by 18.The expected final height in males is the average of both parents +2.5". There is no diet/exercise or meds that will change your height. Your choice of footwear can add some.

Answered Apr 10, 2021

0 views