Ashburn, VA

my outer elbow is sore on left side and left ring and pinky finger stay numb. its not the ulnar side elbow that hurts. is there anything serious that can cause this? what could it be?

Dr. Bryan Wong
It sounds like you are experiencing discomfort around your left elbow associated with numbness in the same side pinky and ring finger. The nerve that controls sensation for the pinky and ring finger is the ulnar nerve. The most common locations where people may experience irritation to this nerve is at the wrist and elbow. I would suggest bringing this up with your primary and/or a neurologist.
Dr. Bryan Wong
Dr. Bryan Wong commented
Provided original answer
This could be a result of inflammation around the tendon in the elbow. If this symptom has been persistent for at least several days without improvement, I would definitely recommend in person care.
Mar 13, 2021