I have had a pounding headache for 2 days without any obvious causes. could this be a symptom of covid? should i get a test?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Due to high prevalence of disease pre test probability of COVID 19 is high so even though your symptoms are not typical for COVID 19, still get the test first before going into any other diagnosis. Feel free to take Tylenol for headache. I hope it helps.

Answered 3/10/2021

0 views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Suspicion for COVID 19 is higher if you have at least 2 of these symptoms: temp of at least 99.6 F (37.5 C), Cough, Shortness of breath, Chills, Shivering, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat or new loss of taste or smell. In South Africa a medical provider will determine need for COVID 19 testing. Consult your local primary care provider or you can use telemedicine for individual consultations.

Answered 3/11/2021

0 views

Drs. Rastogi and Fowler provide excellent advice. Your headache could indeed be a migraine event, but where you reside, COVID-19 in both original form and variant form is quite widespread. Cover the outside risks first, and if nothing additional, contact a neurologist next.

Answered 3/11/2021

0 views