Can my health anxiety cause me to feel like i still have urine that needs to come out after i finish urinating? doctor thinks it's in my head. uranalysis normal?

9 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Urinary symptoms can be impacted by anxiety - especially health anxiety. However, I can not say what the cause of your symptom is.

Answered 3/11/2021

0 views

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Would follow up w/t urologist regarding interstitial cystitis that can feel like a urinary tract infection . https://www.ichelp.org/

Answered 3/10/2021

0 views

Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

After you finish urinating do you then void more than a few drops of urine? If not you may not relax pelvic muscles enough after voiding. If more urine is present, you have incomplete bladder emptying. Causes are either bladder muscle dysfunction or partial outlet obstruction. A urologist can evaluate and advise you. Urodynamic studies may be recommended as part of the workup.

Answered 3/10/2021

0 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without taking additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent to see your doctor and discuss if you may be depressed. Counter-intuitive as it may seem, exercise may help. Start with low intensity exercise such as walking and gradually increase the intensity as tolerated. Drink more water. Wish you good health!

Answered 3/11/2021

0 views