Singapore

What are the chances of my kids having tourette syndrome if my dad and brother have it? im a woman and my sisters, mom and i dont have it. i have some extended male relatives and 1 female cousin with ts on my dads side?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Genetic studies have indicated that TS is inherited as a dominant gene, with about a 50% chance of parents passing the gene on to their children. Boys with the gene(s) are three to four times more likely than girls to display symptoms of TS. Girls with the gene can transmit it to their kids if they marry someone with a similar genetic history of Tourettes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 3, 2021