NC

What do it mean when your urinalysis says you have many mucus in your urine? my ph is 5.0, nitrite is negative, ketones is negative, leukocytes is negative, rbc is 27/hpf,specific gravity is 1.019, and squamous epithelial cells is 6/hpf. normal?

Dr. Kenneth Licker
Urology 50 years experience
The presence of mucus in the urine in not serious or dangerous. It probably comes form vaginal secretions. I see that the UA also shows some blood, which suggests, given your age, that the specimen was obtained during your menstrual period. Get another UA when you are not on your cycle, and be sure to wipe the area before you urinate. That will give a clean specimen to evaluate
Last updated Mar 2, 2021