Queens, NY

I recently had my iud removed. does an iud removal affect when you will ovulate. or if your period returned it should be the same (mid cycle)?

Dr. David Ellis
IUD removal : Most of the IUDs currently have a hormone associated with the device, progesterone. If the IUD is removed, the hormonal stimulation is also removed. It will take up to 3 cycles for your own hormonal balance to take over from what the IUD was doing. This will include ovulation which will restart after your own balance of estrogen and progesterone begin to work again.

Last updated Feb 26, 2021