NC

I am currently taking 80 mg of telemarsartan for high blood pressure, and it hasn't seem to reduce my pressure and my doc added a beta blocker motropol. should i be taking two meds for blood pressure? having tingling and head fluttery side effect?

Dr. Angelica Balingit
Blood pressure: It is common to take multiple medications to control blood pressure. Studies show that the average number of medications needed is more than 3. (It's actually 3.5; that is a calculation). It can take 3 weeks to get used to new or combination of meds. If side effects are intolerable or interfere with daily activities, ask your physician for substitute.

Last updated Mar 8, 2021