Alma, MI

My eeg showed "seizure activity" and the neurologist put me on lamictal xr. can eeg's be wrong

Dr. Jonathan Dissin
Neurology 41 years experience
See below: The eeg records the electrical activity of your brain. Different montages are used to maximize the recorded activity and some provocative tests (strobe light, sleep deprivation) may have been employed to increase the the chance of provoking a seizure. The recording is then interpreted by a trained physician. If the study was technically adequate, it is the interpretation that you are questioning, .
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Marvit
Not necessesarily: Eeg are not simply right or wrong but must be interperted based on context and conditions.
Dr. George Blum
May not have seizure: If you have had some type of seizure, an abnormal eeg suggests more seizures could happen.Taking medicine for awhile is usually safe. Driving is not legal if you have had uncontrolled seizures within the past year.
Last updated Mar 31, 2019