ZA

I fell on saturday and i think i have a grade 1 sprain on the outer side of my right foot. i have strapped my ankle and am resting as much as i can, is it necessary to go to see a doctor?

Dr. Arthur Grinstead
More information: Were you able to take a few steps on it after the injury? Any pain in your little toe? Overall, it is not a bad idea to be seen by a provider as there are certain examination findings that would warrant imaging. We would not want to miss a small, displaced fracture that could cause you a lot of trouble down the road if not properly treated right away.
Dr. jeffrey Trantalis, dpm
Podiatry 42 years experience
Strengthening needed: If you are correct about your injury is minor, you would still need to strengthen the ankle to prevent reinjury . You did not mention any localized swelling or discoloration.

Last updated Feb 19, 2021