Indianapolis, IN

im 4 weeks pregnant. i always got headaches b4 pregnancy and sometimes they would last all day. ive had 1 all day today. should i b concerned? they always say you should b concerned if it lasts longer than 2-3 hour,but ive always had long headaches?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Headaches: For a person who has had chronic headaches, what you should look for now that you are pregnant are headaches that change in some critical way. If they last longer than what is normal for you or if they feel different or in a different location or if they affect your vision, hearing or cause severe dizziness. All of these changes would be of concern, not just having the same headaches as normal.
Neurology 52 years experience
Headache patterns: During early pregnancy, you may well find your headache pattern to continue or even worsen somewhat. It is very likely that you have experienced migraine episodes prior to the past 4 weeks, so, nothing is unexpected here. Who are the experts "they say"? Keep in contact with your OB, handle headaches with appropriate medications as needed. Avoid analgesics and sedatives. See neurologist prn.