U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Indianapolis, IN
A 27-year-old female asked:

im 4 weeks pregnant. i always got headaches b4 pregnancy and sometimes they would last all day. ive had 1 all day today. should i b concerned? they always say you should b concerned if it lasts longer than 2-3 hour,but ive always had long headaches?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Pediatrics 24 years experience
Headaches: For a person who has had chronic headaches, what you should look for now that you are pregnant are headaches that change in some critical way. If they last longer than what is normal for you or if they feel different or in a different location or if they affect your vision, hearing or cause severe dizziness. All of these changes would be of concern, not just having the same headaches as normal.
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 52 years experience
Headache patterns: During early pregnancy, you may well find your headache pattern to continue or even worsen somewhat. It is very likely that you have experienced migraine episodes prior to the past 4 weeks, so, nothing is unexpected here. Who are the experts "they say"? Keep in contact with your OB, handle headaches with appropriate medications as needed. Avoid analgesics and sedatives. See neurologist prn.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

Boscobel, WI
A 39-year-old female asked:

My boyfriend & I are trying to get pregnant. I'm on Zoloft (sertraline) & my doc is having me get off it slowly; 1 pill every other day for a month & then 1 pill every 3rd day until gone. Does this sound reasonable?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joan Kinlan
Psychiatry 52 years experience
Yes, it's great.: It's best to taper off the zoloft (sertraline) and your doctor has an excellent plan.
Springfield, MO
A 18-year-old female asked:

I had a blister on my toe but the skin broke and now there is just a piece of skin hanging there and it hurts. What do I do? When will it heal?

4 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry 41 years experience
The loose skin : Should be trimmed away, the blister cleaned, then dressed with an antibiotic ointment and then covered with a band aid. It will take a few days, but the soreness will gradually decrease as the skin under the blister dries out and toughens up.
A 34-year-old male asked:

I m 34, male. Since last 2 yrs I m suffering from asthama.I never had this problem in my life. But now its very difficult to breathe.?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 33 years experience
Doctor can evaluate: For new onset of asthma symptoms in an adult, he can see and follow-up with his primary care doctor. If symptoms are difficult to get rid of, or are unusual, the patient can see an allergy & asthma specialist, and/or see a pulmonologist (lung doctor). Pulmonary function tests and allergy tests can be helpful when looking for the best treatments. For bad symptoms, the E.R. Is the place to go to.
A 37-year-old member asked:

Is it ok to get electrical pulse therapy on upper back if three m pregnant? Accupunc put tinyclips on skin and it sent electrical stim pulses upprback

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bruce Young
Obstetrics and Gynecology 58 years experience
It's OK: There is insufficient evidence of any harmful effect other than a small risk of skin infection.
A member asked:

Possible to be pregnant spotting day one light beeding day two & three?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 22 years experience
Check a preg test : Over the counter pregnancy tests are cheap and reliable. Go do one and then you will know and you won't have to worry about it any more. If you don't want to be pregnant see your doctor for effective birth control.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Feb 2, 2021
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.