PA

is spinning in a stand-up position, a good idea for a 21 year old who had their knee replaced years ago? or would it put too much stress on their knee?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Should be fine: Standing on a Stationary bike (spinning) is one of the exercises most likely to put stress on your knee. That said, your replaced knee should be able to handle any moderate exercise as long as you build up to it and start slow so that local muscles and tendons have a chance to strengthen and grow. It would be advisable to do a variety of exercises to work all the muscle groups in your body.