A male asked:

I sprained my right ankle a few years ago in basketball two times and i was wondering if theres any exercise it to get it stronger because my right ankle is weak compared to my left ankle and i cant really balance as good on my right ankle?

Dr. Peter Gerbino
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Need proper rehab: Ankle sprains recur if not properly rehabilitated, especially balance. Start jumping rope for 2 minutes. When that is easy, switch from one foot to the other back and forth for the 2 minutes. That will restore your balance best. If sprains continue, see an orthopedic surgeon as the ligaments may need to be reconstructed or there may be additional injuries.

Last updated Jan 5, 2021