IL

I was on glipirzide for a month and they think i'm having bad reactions to it with my breathing. i've stopped taking it three days ago, still having issues, how long before the drug is out of my system?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Diagnosis: Needs to be reviewed with your treating doc. Breathing issues are not common side effects for glipizide and its half life is estimated at hours in patients with normal liver and kidney function with effects that should not last more than 1-2 days even for extended release formulations. it is more likely that your breathing issues have a different cause that has to be further investigated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 3, 2021