U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old male asked:

I was told my heart was big like a "professional cyclist/bike rider" (even though i am fit but not that fit!) at emergency. what does this mean and what would be things to look out for?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
"Enlarged heart" ?'s: If the "enlarged heart" was discovered by imaging studies, without associated chest pain, EKG abnormalities, it still needs evaluation at "age 49" by a cardiologist. Ask your primary care physician for an immediate referral to a cardiologist, and if you are having chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, go to the ED again for evaluation.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 2, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.