Saudi Arabia

I drove over a roadkill which was fresh as i felt the bump.15 min after i touched my car doors' handle once i reached home and i ate a fruit without washing my hands.is there a chance of rabies just in case there were brain tissues that got on handle?

Dr. Steven Simon
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 39 years experience
No: Assuming the road kill was sufficiently small, there was really no chance of contamination to your door handle, and even less chance of catching rabies from the situation you describe. Washing your hands before eating is a good habit to begin.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 28, 2020