NJ

Hi. my dr suggested that i take miralax every other day bc of no bm..i get a bm around 1 hour later, but on the directions it says to expect a bm in 1 to 3 days. why do i get bm in such a shorter period of time..is this odd? when do i stop taking it?

Some basics: Miralax works in a different way surrounding itself with water that it does not allow the intestines to extract. In doing so it keeps poop soft when you do go. If you went soon after you took it, it was unlikely do the med. It usually takes 2-3 days to move far enough down the gut to do anything. I would take it daily until you are sure you stay regular. Wean off when it suits you.

Last updated Dec 28, 2020