Chicago, IL

its been three days since i had my upper molar not a wisdom tooth extracted, i dont drink or smoke, am i in the clear for dry socket? im very scared about this i heard upper teeth arent prone to it like lower teeth?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Beprudent: You are correct, dry socket occurs less often I the upper arch. The longer the time post-surgically, the less the dry socket risk. Follow your Dentist's recommendations to the letter. Soft high protein diet. Avoid blowing your nose. and make an appointment with your Dentist to discuss replacing the tooth tat was just removed.
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 55 years experience
No pain good gain: If you had some bleeding after extraction than a clot was forming. Good oral hygiene and rinsing to keep area clean is best. As long as there is no pain you should be healing properly.