ZA

I've been in contact with someone that only found out 2 days later he has covid19 ... im 6 months pregnant and im worried what if i might have covid. i dont have any symptoms yet but my throat is starting to bother me a bit. should i get the tested

Dr. Holly Maes
Absolute, get tested: It is important that exactly people like you get tested, so that we can learn of people with just minor "cold symptoms " like yours may actually have a mild case of Covid19. It also let's you know whether you need to keep a full quarantine. Pregnancy is a condition that makes you a bit immunosuppressed, so it's even more important for you to find out your status.
Pathology 49 years experience
See below: Covid-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Please contact your doctor by phone for further evaluation and mechanism for testing in your area. Wear a mask, stay away from others, practice hand hygiene. Be sure to get tested, if you get symptoms. If you develop breathing difficulty, go to the nearest hospital, immediately. Wish you good health.

Last updated Dec 27, 2020