Monroe, NY

hi, i feel urine in my urethra and i feel sometimes a urge to urinate but nothing comes out when i drink orange juice my symptoms get much much worse also chocolate i did a cystoscopy and ultrasound was normal please help?? thanks?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Urinary urge: You don't mention whether there is some burning on urination or what your urologist thinks is the problem. I assume urine cultures are negative for infection. Low grade nonbacterial urethritis or prostatic congestion and/or mild inflammation are possibilities that cause urge, but your urologist is best to answer your questions and advise you. In the meantime avoid caffeine and acidic drinks.