I think i have a thyroid issue as i have awful constipation i get tingling sensations in my hand occasionally and in my left thigh when in bed and my mother has one i'm very worried any help would be greatly appreciated and what to do?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
See your Dr.: A thyroid issue is easy to diagnose with some lab tests. It is also easy to correct with medication. Tingling sensations in your hand can also be neurological. Talk to your Dr about your Thyroid concerns and for a complete neurological exam.
Neurology 53 years experience
If hypothyroidism: Thyroid issues can result in constipation as you describe, but also can cause peripheral nerve problems. The tingling in the hand could represent carpal tunnel syndrome, and the left thigh may illustrate presence of meralgia paresthetica (lateral femoral cutaneous nerve of the thigh). Creating a normal thyroid status is likely to correct all of this. But, make sure this is the correct diagnosis
Last updated Dec 24, 2020