Morocco

i had a bad panic attack after hearing the death of a friend i'm currently on sertraline and i took a quarter of beta blocker, what are my chances of getting a broken heart syndrome? i'm worried that the panic may damage my heart?

Dr. Nitinkumar Doshi
See details : As per the research, it does not damage your heart, although you may get symptoms of rapid heart rate, difficult to breath Better to be confirmed by a doctor in person
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
GRIEF & PANIC: The shock of your grief reaction led to a panic attack. A lot of anxiety it makes you more likely to have a panic attack. Panic attacks can mimic the signs of a heart attack but are very treatable. Consult with a Clinical Psychologist for video psychotherapy to help. Have a physical exam by a Dr. to know if you have an illness. Medication prescribed by a Psychiatrist can help.

Last updated Dec 20, 2020