San Francisco, CA

I have been having pain in the palm of my hands, and sometimes numbness and difficulty moving my fingers. what type of hand brace could offer support during work (typing and using mouse)?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Carpal Tunnel: The sensation of numbness of fingers along with hand weakness may indicate that you have carpal tunnel syndrome, which is an inflammation of the median nerve and compression as it passes under the Carpal ligament in your wrist. Treatment includes rest, ice, stretching exercises and antiinflammatory meds. You may choose to wear a wrist brace (available OTC) to keep your wrists better positioned.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Carpal tunnel : Your symptoms plus your occupational activities are characteristic of carpal tunnel syndrome caused by inflammation/thickening of wrist ligaments pressing on nerves entering your hand and fingers. A wrist brace is usually best to take pressure off the nerves.. A hand surgeon can advise you as needed.