if you are suffering from dehydration, should you drink water slowly to rehydrate? at what rate should you drink to rehydrate safely?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Rehydration protocol: Safe Rehydration is dependent on how you became dehydrated. if you have had vomiting, or diarrhea, you may need to add electrolytes to the rehydration plan, such as gatorade or pedialyte. Otherwise taking 100 ml of water or Oral rehydration solution every 5 minutes should bring a person to hydrated status over 5-6 hours. Note that if the patient is a child the regimen changes drastically.