ZA

I need help with my behavior,im married with 3 kids but when ever i get upset i go out drinking and dont come back home?

Dr. Holly Maes
Alternative behavior: It's perfectly fine to have times when you get upset and angry about what life has given to bvb you. But it's what you do at those times that makes a difference. right now you go out and drink. You know that isn't working for you. While you are calm and desiring to change, pick a different response so next time you are upset, you don't fall back on old habits and have different response to try.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Marital conflict/Alc: I understand your distress. Please have Heart to Heart Talk with your wife for: Feelings about lack of emotional, physical and sexual intimacy Conflicts about unmet needs Conflicts about parenting, home, work and finances After that, Please see a Psychiatrist for: • Diagnosis • Therapy for stresses in your life • Anger management • Discuss AA Meetings Your Health is Precious!
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Drinking: Even though it is a challenge to face responsibilities and stay sober, it is not some invisible force, but something you can work on to master. Getting sober is the basis for any progress. Please look into 12 step programs such as AA, get a sponsor, work the program. Many meetings are on Zoom these days. Lack of sobriety can destroy your marriage, family and health. You can do it!

Last updated Nov 29, 2020