I am an alcoholic and three days ago i was drinking while watch a video on my computer. i don't remember what happened but i woke up to find myself on the floor feeling like i was dying. i forced myself to get to the emergency call cord and pull it. the r

There : There is not enough information provided to provide a helpful response. Are you a daily drinker? How much do you drink each day & of what? How old? Has your ability to tolerate alcohol dropped recently? I am answering 16 hours later, do you still feel the same or are your symptoms worse or better? Do have illnesses involving your liver or GI tract?
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine 50 years experience
You didn't finish: But it sounds like you had a withdrawal seizure. This can happen even while people are still drinking, if they have cut way back on the amount of alcohol. This has to be a wake-up call for you to get help for your alcoholism. There are many treatment programs, especially in large urban centers, and self-help programs like 12-step or smart recovery can help, but you need medical help first now!
Last updated Oct 3, 2016