Dallas, TX

I've always been told by my dr. that it takes about 2 weeks after a flu shot for your body to make antibodies to protect you against the flu. how long does it take for the upcoming covid vaccines to work and provide immunity/protection from covid?

Pathology 49 years experience
1-2 weeks: Depending on the type of vaccine, it will take 1-2 weeks after the second dose for immunity to kick in. If and when a single dose vaccine becomes available, it will be 1-2 weeks after the vaccination. For now, wear a mask, practice social distancing and wash your hands often. Wish you good health!

Last updated Nov 20, 2020