Dallas, Texas

I have a little acid reflux. last time i went to the er they said i was backed up. i get a bitter taste in my mouth when i eat and i'm gassy. now my throat is sore and sometimes hoarse.is this gerd? what can i take to treat it?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Reflux: Is likely, in your case however suggesting biliary origin, based on bitter taste, usually sour with gastric acid. Before treating, a firm diagnosis should be secured and I recommend starting with your primary care doc or GP who can further coordinate tests and possible referrals as needed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 51 years experience
Agree with Dr. P: If you are overweight that may contributing to the reflux by raising pressure in the abdomen. If you are overweight, it is imperative that you lose weight, not easy, but essential. Joining a support group like weight watchers may help. Wish you good health!
Last updated Nov 21, 2020