ZA

occasionally after a bowel movement i will notice tiny spits of bright red blood when i wipe, nothing visible in the stool, just very small spots on the paper. there's no pain just a raw feeling. what could it be?

Dr. SURESH KATAKKAR
Nothing serious: More likely excoriation of the sphincter means abrasion of the anal opening. Use topical emollient to heal. Check your diet and make sure there is no high spice intake. If this does not help then see your physician and get proper evaluation
Dr. Abdulsatar Aboobaker
Blood: If it just a trace of blood on the paper with an uncomfortable feelin, then it is probably a minor scratch at the sphincter, avoid very spicy foods and use an moisturizing ointment to apply to the offending area, if no improvement, consult so your doctor could check it out.