U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 53-year-old male asked:

8 weeks ago i had iv in rt. hand. also drew blood from inside of rt. arm. a few days later i had swelling and pain inside elbow area and down forearm. still have pain in wrist and vein in my forearm is hard and tender. will this go away and when?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 49 years experience
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. Eight weeks is too long for any after effects from blood draw and it would be prudent to see your doctor or contact the clinic where blood was drawn. Wish you good health!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 23-year-old male asked:

I injured my back weight-lifting four days ago. I've had pain, minor spasms, and loss of appetite. Advil (ibuprofen) was giving me heartburn. What shoul I do?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Allen Fein
Specializes in Family Medicine
See MD, Stop Advil (ibuprofen): Sounds like you have already done enough watching and waiting. Go to your physician for an examination to check for disc injury and other problems. Over the counter analgesics, physical therapy, massage therapy, yoga and acupuncture may help. Initiall cold, then warm compresses after a day or two. If not resolving, i send my patients for x-ray, mri, and referral to ortho and/or pain clinic.
A 32-year-old member asked:

I have dull sciatic pain from left back to left ankle, acute pain in left butt bone when sitting/sleeping, and sharp groin pains from full bladder!?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Paul Cohen
Family Medicine 28 years experience
Self diagnosis?: The symptoms you are descrbing sound like classic sciatica. The remedies are various; my favorite is lyying on your stomach and sliding as far to the left of the bed as possible so your left leg can hang off the side(without falling off of course). Simply allow the leg to 'hang' off the side and you should feel the strectch through your low back including the pyriformis muscle pinching your nerv.
A 25-year-old member asked:

I'm 25 my bones ache.. have lots of headache migraines eye twitches ..body aches a lot no strength ..weak. no energy what should I do?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management 48 years experience
Need Testing: Sounds like some sort of electrolyte(minerals in your blood like sodium, potassium or calcium) disturbance. You need to see a doctor to get this sorted out asap.
A 42-year-old member asked:

Is nitroglycerin spray ever used for anything other than angina heart pains?

1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Yes: It's also effective for esophageal spasm which may accompany gastroesophageal reflux disease. In contrast to angina, which often improves with a single dose (0.4 mg), it's not uncommon for esophageal disease to require 2 or 3 doses which must be given at 5 minutes intervals to avoid hypotension (low bp) and syncope (passing out).
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Provided original answer
There's no hard and fast rule - no published guidelines. A 90 year old (from your earlier posts?) is likely to have rigid arteries with labile HTN. In general, BP should not exceed 220 (systolic) or 120 (diastolic) but, again, please see comments above. And, if we're talking about someone 90, you're more likely to do harm than to help by acutely lowering the BP. BP needs gradual control.
Mar 28, 2012
A 27-year-old member asked:

Symptoms:abdominal pain lower back pain heavy clotted bleeding after period ended light headed nausea difficulty breathing while standing.Retain water?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 22 years experience
Not normal: Definitely needs to be evaluated by your doctor. Difficulty breathing does not really go with gynecological issues. I would start with your pcp for that then see obgyn for the rest, .

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Nov 11, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.