U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old male asked:

will i be ok if o touched dry battery acid?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management 39 years experience
Battery acid: Yes - as long as you wash your hands well.
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 49 years experience
See below: If you did not notice any changes in about half hour after the accident, you will be okay. Have a healthy diet, exercise 30 minutes/day, drink plenty of water daily so your urine is mostly colorless, have safe sex, no tobacco alcohol weed or street drugs. For nutrition: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

CA
A 24-year-old member asked:

How are batteries chosen to be put in pacemakers?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Scott
Pediatric Cardiology 39 years experience
Manufacture specific: The companies that manufacture pacemakers design their own batteries to optimize the longevity of the device. The batteries are not replaced when depleted; the entire pacemaker is replaced.
A 42-year-old member asked:

What does sulfuric acid do to your skin after prolonged exposure?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Family Medicine 43 years experience
Burns: It will begine to destroy the outer epidermal layer and then go deeper to the dermis and then beyond. If you are being exposed to this without protection, stop it immediatley and seek help.
A 34-year-old member asked:

What happens if you touch a patient while using the aed?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Luke Hermann
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
Nothing dangerous: If you feel anything, it will likely only be a slight tingle at the time of the shock. Although it is recommended that there be no contact with the victim when a shock is delivered the danger of receiving a significant shock yourself is negligible.
CA
A 36-year-old member asked:

Today I felt a strange heat in my left calf but isn't hot to the touch, what could be causing this?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Leila Winganswered
Internal Medicine 14 years experience
Need more info: More information is needed. Was there trauma or injury to the calf, is it painful, can you walk, do you have a history of blood clots?
A 33-year-old member asked:

Why after being in water can I not touch any type of cloth material?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 52 years experience
Wet/ Dry Test: You likely possess a heightened skin sensitivity due to alterations in your smallest nerve endings. Water actually insulates or coats the skin providing protection against irritations, but cloth being dry cuts through and provides an increased sensitivity, which likely subsides after a few minutes. Problems of this sort can be seen associated with fibromyalgia, causalgia, small fibre neuropathy.

Related questions

A 35-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A female asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Nov 29, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.