ZA

I took a flight last thursday to johannesburg from durban. since the flight the top of my left leg has been painful and my legs feel very heavy. should i be concerned? is there a risk of blood clots or deep vein thrombosis? i had covid-19 in july

Dr. Gehrig Harris
Be concerned: Leg swelling or pain after sitting for a long airplane or car trip is always a cause for concern. I would go to an ER to have yourself evaluated because you may need an ultrasound of your legs and most doctors don't have that available in their office. Good luck.
Pathology 50 years experience
Yes: It is imperative that you see your doctor or go to the hospital for an evaluation and if needed, treatment. What you described suggests blood clot in veins. Wish you good health!

Last updated Dec 8, 2020