U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lake Oswego, OR
A member asked:

I have severe pain in r leg and my knee catches. stops me in tracks. cannot bend leg more than 90degrees. should i see family doctor or call orthopedic doctor? pain in leg & knee?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Family doc: Call your family doc first. Circumstances in which you started experiencing the pain, such as intense physical activities or trauma will be critical. Based on exam and possible imaging your doc will decide if an Ortho consult will be needed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 27, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.