My 12 year old molars are biting the side of my mouth how do i prevent it. do you have to get your 12 year old molars taking out?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
2nd molars: No, you shouldn't take your 2nd molars out. If it is your 3rd molars (wisdom teeth) that are the problem, then they may need to be extracted. Please consult with your dentist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
12 year molars: if 2nd molars are actually malposed, can result in cheek biting. Ask your General Dentist to refer you to a specialist Orthodontist for what may be an easy fix. If, however, it is actually 3rd molars (wisdom teeth) that are causing your problem, your General Dentist may feel it best to refer you to a specialist Oral Surgeon. To help bring down swelling, rinse 3x/day w 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water
Last updated Oct 26, 2020