Lake Oswego, OR

Hi, i wonder when is the best time to get my flu shot this year. thanks. best time for flu shot this year?

When available: There is little reason to try to time this. It does take 2-3 weeks for your body to make enough antibodies after the shot to be protective. You don't want to wait until there are cases around you to get one. I do not buy into the idea that protection fades quickly. I get mine in September (here in the USA). Flu season varies with where in the world you reside.
Flu shots: I agree with Dr. Ferguson. This year promises to be confusing when we are dealing with flu season at the same time as the COVID 19 pandemic. I know that some have recommended delaying getting flu shots due to argument that their immunity may start to decline by the end of the FLU season. I got mine as soon as I could because I want to be safe.

Last updated Sep 19, 2020