South Africa

I just gave my 6 months old baby a bit of honey.. now i just read about botulism and i'm worried. what should i do?

Monitor the issue: Infant botulism is not common even if given honey but you can monitor the situation. It would only occur if there were botulism spores in that bit of honey & they had time in babies gut to begin making toxin. If the kid maintains its usual vigorous feeding pattern over the next week you will be past the usual risk period. Share any suspicious change of behavior/feeding with the doc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 13, 2020