A 30-year-old female asked:
Disclaimer

used lotion on hands. i have 6 month old daughter. she just licked my hands. i then saw the lotion contains honey. is she at risk for infant botulism?

1 doctor answer
Dr. Julan Crane
24 years experience Pediatrics
Infant botulism: I am sure honey is a small component in your lotion so not a risk but contact Poison control if she ingested a large quantity
Answered on Jun 13, 2015
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month

Related questions:

A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Adetokunboh Ajoku
42 years experience Pediatrics
Possible: It is possible to get botulism but it is unlikely. Watch out for symptoms 18 - 36hrs after ingestion. Symptoms in infants are lethargy, weakness, poo ... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Randy Baker
39 years experience Holistic Medicine
Rare but possible: Infant botulism is rare; most cases occur in babies under 6 months old, but it's possible in a 10 mo.old. Constipation is often the first symptom but ... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Uncommon/monitor: This was an infrequent condition in the era before we understood the risk. I know of few 10 mo kids that are not unsteady on their feet.That said, it ... Read More
1
1 thank
A female asked:
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
37 years experience Pediatrics
Infant botulism: Infant botulism occurs when spores are directly ingested by an infant consuming honey. If you eat honey you cannot transmit the spores via a kiss.
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month