U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Pflugerville, TX
A 49-year-old male asked about a 19-year-old female:

I believe that i have acid reflux but i wanted to confirm with a doctor. i have most of the symptoms which includes heartburn, burping, and nausea. i was wondering what type of medication should i take?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Parkanswered
Pediatrics 51 years experience
PPI: She seems to have a GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) as you suspect. Standard recommendations include 4-6 weeks of Proton Pump Inhibitor, e.g., omeprazole, dietary restrictions including acid inducing foods (tomatoes, chocolate, mint), beverages (soda, juices, alcohol), weight reduction if overweight, and no exposure to smoke.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 7, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.